Monday, June 22, 2009

Has Obama Been Watching Chuck?

While reading the paper, I discovered an article about the Obama administration using colleges to recruit future intelligence agencies. Immediately, I thought of the first season episode of Chuck, "Chuck Versus the Alma Mater." In this episode, it is revealed that Chuck's former professor has been recruiting students for the CIA for years. In fact, he was responsible for recruiting Chuck's old roommate.

Well, now it appears the government will actually be taking steps to such a process, and they're looking at basically creating a degree in spying at certain colleges. Students will receive federal funding with the possible stipulation of having to work for a certain agency. They're also basically guaranteed summer internships. The program is still in the planning stages. I have no idea how I feel about this, but I certainly hope they did in fact get the idea from Chuck.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, well I guess they've decided to just go public with it. The gubmint could learn a lot from TV shows that Wally likes!

    Actually, maybe they should hire you as an independently contracted advisor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, seriously? If there would be anything to get me back into regular schooling, it would be a spying program. That's just. Wow.

    ReplyDelete