Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wally's Americana Mix: Volume 1: No Depression

Recently, I made someone (Liza) a mix of Americana music. I hope this to be the first in a series, and I focused volume one on alt-country bands. Specifically, I placed artists whom I consider to be the foundation of the genre. I shared a few songs from each act. Here is the list.
  1. "No Depression" by Uncle Tupelo from No Depression
  2. "Still Be Around" by Uncle Tupelo from Still Feel Gone
  3. "The Long Cut" by Uncle Tupelo from Anodyne
  4. "Don't Wanna Know Why" by Whiskeytown from Pneumonia
  5. "Crazy About You" by Whiskeytown from Pneumonia
  6. "Two Hearts" by Ryan Adams from Easy Tiger
  7. "Box Full of Letters" by Wilco from A.M.
  8. "I've Got You (At the End of the Century)" by Wilco from Being There
  9. "California Stars" by Wilco from Mermaid Avenue, Vol. 1
  10. "Windfall" by Son Volt from Drown
  11. "Drown" by Son Volt from Drown
  12. "Caryatid Easy" by Son Volt from Straightaways
  13. "Blue" by The Jayhawks from Tomorrow the Green Grass
  14. "Waitin' for the Sun" by The Jayhawks from Hollywood Town Hall
  15. "Save It for a Rainy Day" by The Jayhawks from Rainy Day Music
  16. "Big Brown Eyes" by Old 97's from Too Far to Care
  17. "Murder (Or a Heart Attack)" by Old 97's from Fight Songs
  18. "Rollerskate Skinny" by Old 97's from Satellite Rides
What do you think? Should I have chosen other songs instead? Those are only a handful of some of my favorite songs by those artists. In reality, I could have made a mix for each of them. The next volume in Wally's Americana Mix will have a more variety of music. I'm not sure of the theme yet. Or maybe there won't be as much of a theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment