Thursday, January 29, 2009

Just a Day

When I awoke today, I knew it was going to be a day. Not bad nor good. Just a day. Well that is what it proved to be.

At work, I was somewhat busy, but I still had plenty of time to goof off. Actually, these are the kind of days I enjoy. I know I am productive, but I am not overwhelmed. Speaking of working, I am worried about someone, but that is a whole different story. Actually, tomorrow is my last day technically. My temp agreement is coming to a close.

After work, Alex #3 and I went to one of the Thursday Pub Quizzes. It was a small crowd but fun. We finished fourth out of five. For most of the night, we were in third, so our fall kind of hurt. Oh well. We guessed on a lot of answers. The word scramble killed us. Geochemical definitely makes more sense than chemiogical. Yeah. I made up a word.

On the whole, I failed at my goal of reading more today. On my bus ride in, I realized that I had left my book at work, so it was impossible to read then. At lunch, I decided to head back to the desk and do something nice for the people working. Only one of them took me up on my offer for something from Starbucks. Luckily, it was the one I wanted to. Still, I read some. Tomorrow I will do more.

Well now, I am going to get ready for bed. My 5:30 AM alarm will be here before I know it. Of course, I won't get out of bed until 6:20, but I am still feeling kind of sick. I need all the rest I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment