Sunday, February 1, 2009

Over the Weekend

Lets talk about my weekend. Shall we?

Yesterday, I was fairly unproductive but not really. I managed to get laundry done, and I finished reading The World Behind the World by Michael Meade. I enjoyed it much more than Water of Life. However, neither compares to seeing him speak in person. That experience was almost spiritual. For those curious, Meade is a well respected story teller who focuses on the importance of applying stories to modern issues.

Last night, I hung out with friends at Zip's. We ate spaghetti and watched Point Break and Hot Fuzz. It was the first time I had seen the former, and the latter is just a blast to always watch. It was good times.

Not good times was waiting for a call or message that never arrived. I tried to finalize those plans to grab a drink with someone that I mentioned in my previous post. I asked her to call me around 10 to go to happy hour, but she never called. Why am I not surprised? Perhaps she never got the messages; the world will never know.

Before leaving, Zip loaned me a book to read: The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Apparently, it is the second best selling Spanish novel ever. Right behind Don Quixote. I started it today while watching the first half of the Super Bowl. So far, I am intrigued. I'll let you know how it goes.

Speaking of the Super Bowl, I found the game to be fairly lackluster with the exceptions of the 100 yard play and the last quarter. Even the commercials were not very impressive. Of course, the best part was the Boss, but then again when does he ever disappoint? The only bad part of his performance was that he only had 12 minutes to perform. That is not enough time for that man. Oh. I'm also looking forward to G.I. Joe the movie, but not the new Star Trek movie. I still think it looks awful.

As for Game Night, it was pretty fun. We just played four games of Nottingham which I recently picked up. It is a pretty simple but fun card game. It is designed by the same guy who created Bohnanza I believe. I should look for more of his games.

I didn't eat KFC today. Sad. I normally get it on Sundays.

I've been in a kind of bad mood all day. I sincerely hope it does not linger into tomorrow. I also hope that I still have a job tomorrow. More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment