Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just a Tuesday

So my "Blog Buddy" got onto me for not blogging in a while. Thus, I am trying to correct this problem. I have debated on what to write about. Do I want to tell you about my past few days or do I just want to talk about the day? I think I am going to go with the latter.

It was cold this morning. Like the weather says it is near 40, but the wind chill is quite lower. I noticed it when even the bus felt cold, and the walk to campus was unpleasant. As you can imagine, sitting at the desk was almost miserable. At least one DA had to get into warmer clothes twice. To manage, I made sure to wear a sweater today. It worked, but I also had a headache. I don't think that is related, but it did add to the discomfort at the desk today.

For lunch, I was going to originally get Loco Locos. However, I decided I wanted something cheaper, so I was going to go to Hot Lips and get a slice of pepperoni pizza. Before I left, I ran into Joe, and he convinced me to go to McDonald's. Say what you will, but it is kind of tasty. Although, I am starting to get tired of it.

While at the desk today, I started to plan my birthday celebration. Since I am turning 25 this year, I decided it was going to take more than one day to truly celebrate. Therefore, I am going take an entire week because somethings are too awesome for only one day. My goal is to have different activities for every night of the week. As of right now, I am only missing two days worth of activities. It begins Sunday March 22 and goes until the following Sunday. Here is the tentative schedule:
  • Sunday - An Extra Special Game Night
  • Monday - Undecided
  • Tuesday - Birthday Dinner
  • Wednesday - Pub Quiz at the Thirsty Lion
  • Thursday - Undecided
  • Friday - Tennessee Themed Karaoke at Sukis!
  • Saturday - SE Pub Crawl
  • Sunday - Recovery
I think it is going to be truly legendary. As of right now, I have like 25 people saying they will participate. Of course, I know some of those will only be on some days. I also feel that many of the Maybes will come out for at least one night of the blast. I am not really sure what the Extra Special Game Night will be, but it will be awesome. One of the undecided nights will be bowling.

In class tonight, we talked about motivation and beliefs. Actually, I think we skimmed over the motivation factors, but recognizing a person's beliefs and values helps to understand how they react. It was fairly self-reflective. I also learned that it is really hard to fill in blanks for a minute each about the following three statements:
  1. I believe people should...
  2. I believe people are...
  3. I believe I deserve...
Try it sometime. Just keep filling in the blank for a minute for each statement. It is easy to get stalled, but it helps to reveal some stuff you believe. The next step is trying to understand where they may come from...

There is a friend I need to write an email to soon. I was reading her blog last night, and I realize our lives have taken parallel paths. We have similar but not exact situations. I wanted to comment on her blogs, but I felt my responses would be rather lengthy. Luckily, I got her email.

What else... Oh yeah. Girls.

Actually, I could probably write a whole entry on all of that. Maybe I will do it tomorrow. Or sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment