Sunday, March 29, 2009

Week of Wally Recap

Originally, I wanted to write about every night of Week of Wally. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen. I got home late most nights last week, and my internet was wonky every night. Therefore, you are going to get this recap where I will write approximately a paragraph about each night. Lets begin shall we?

On Monday, the plan was to go bowling. Unfortunately, every alley in Portland with beer has leagues during the week at the time I wanted to go. Thus, we decided to bowl on campus. However, we had dinner at Baan Thai first. It was Louisa, Mark, Robin, and Derek for dinner. Eric! joined us for bowling. It was good times, and afterward, Louisa, Robin, and I grabbed a drink at Paccinis.

Tuesday was the big day, and it was dinner at Deschutes Brewing. Every year in Portland for my birthday I have gone to a brew pub. This year was no different. The group was 20 people: Debo, Louisa, Goodwin, Boz, Brookes, J, Eric!, Kyle, Emily, Christine, John, Mark, Nachel, Kari, Robin, Jenn, Joe, and Cody. I think I am forgetting someone. The most embarassing moment was when Debo sang to me. My face got bright red. After dinner, a group of us went to Rock Bottom. It was good times.

As usual, Wednesday was Pub Quiz. We fielded two teams for four people. The Good and The Bad had Joe, Jason, Jenn, and Robin, and And the Wally had Brookes, J, Amie, and me. It was the wrong night to split up The Good, the Bad, and the Wally. We would have kicked ass combined, but seperated only And the Wally made it to the final round. We finished fourth.

On Thursday, I had the photo scavenger hunt. Seven people besides me came out for it: Ashley, Kari, Derek, Eric!, Robin, Brookes, and Salazar. We had two teams of four. The first four people were on Kari's team, and the last three were on a team with me. Both groups accomplished all the pictures and had lots of duplicates. We realized lots of ways to improve it in the future, but everyone had a blast. The only downside was the person who suggested the event did not get to make it. After the hunt, we went to Paccinis for some food. I have missed their burger. Yum.

For Friday, Joe, Jenn, and Jason were having an apartment warm party. With nothing else really planned, I went there. It was decent. I drank some gin drinks, played some video games and Stratego, and talked. Obviously we had Joe, Jenn, and Jason, but Brookes, Amie, Eric!, and Goodwin also partied. Eventually, the party died, so I grabbed drinks with Goodie, Jaz, and Rhea. Then I passed out on Goodie's couch. True story.

On Saturday, I went pub crawling. At first it was just Brookes and me. We had beers at Roots Organic Brewing and the Lucky Lab. I tried this sour brown beer at Roots, and it really was sour. I am still uncertain if I liked it or not. After those two pubs, we went to the Green Dragon where Kim and Robin met up with us. I really like that bar, but the service was pretty bad. Oh well. Afterwards, we ventured into this place called Sway Bar. None of us had been there before, but we all kind of liked it except for one issue. It was too dark in there. The only illumination came from the candles on the tables. While there, J joined us. Finally, we went to My Father's Place which is still one of my favorite dive bars. It has cheap drinks and food, and the service is pretty good. I would like to go there more often. Or live about it.

Well that is the Week of Wally in a nutshell. Pictures are on both facebook and Flickr. Thanks to everyone who came along and celebrated. Special mention goes to Brookes and Robin. They tied for the most events. Both of them only missed one night. I guess it is time to start planning next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment