Thursday, March 12, 2009

Obscenity in Your Milk

Lately, when I have been waking up, I've been trying to turn off the wrong alarm. I have two set. One makes an annoying noise, and the other plays music. I try to turn the radio off when really it is the obnoxious phone alarm I need to turn off first. Silly me.

Last night, I dreamed about the International Beard Line. I have no idea what that means or what it entails, but I think you were supposed to be on one side or the other. It also told you when to shave I think. I have no idea, but I did dream about it.

Today at the desk, it was almost miserable. I am pretty sure I had a migraine all day. What worries me about this possibility is that I also think I had one on Tuesday. Although my head hurt less as the day went on, it really left me feeling physically exhausted all day. Due to that, I was not really prepared to deal with other stuff happening today, and I felt mentally exhausted. It was not a good day to feel this way because a lot was going on at the desk. We had a lot of packages early on in the day, I had to deal with paperwork type problems and issues with UHO, and Check Outs are beginning. I felt like I was not there fully most of the day and definitely not firing on all pistons. This combination of physical and mental exhaustion led to me feeling emotionally weak even though nothing bad happened.

Today for lunch was bacon & potato pizza at Hot Lips. This pizza is basically the reason why I wake up on Thursdays. It is so good.

We decided to go to the Thursday night quiz at the Voleur tonight. We had a full team tonight, but if we had had one less, we would have gotten to add a random cute stranger to our team. Oh well, maybe another night. Our name for the evening was "We Obscenity in Your Milk." I kind of like the Thursday quiz. It is definitely different from the one at the Lion. Plus, it has by far the cutest quizmaster.

It was a good quiz tonight. At the end of the first round, we were in fifth or sixth place, but by the end of the second we jumped into a solid third thanks to the Who Am I questions. It doesn't hurt that two of them were famous female Tennesseeans. We made it into the final three after the handouts, and due to getting the final question right, we placed second! Hooray five extra bucks!

For the past few weeks, I have been playing phone tag with my friend Casey. He called me earlier today, and I was going to try to call him tomorrow. However, he just called me! So I am going to go talk to him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment