Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Friday the 13th

On Friday, the desk started off alright. Then this crazy situation started. A resident from the other side of campus came by looking for a package that I had signed for. It took me a second to recollect why I had signed for it, but then I remembered what happened. The postal lady forgot that the Montgomery desk existed and made me sign for two packages. I kept one of them, but she walked off with the other saying she would deliver it. I am afraid that she forgot to take it to the resident's box. Now, it looks like I lost a package. I am a little mad at the USPS now.

I went to lunch late because of that situation because I went to Monty to see if maybe they had the package. On the plus side, Debo bought my lunch that day. However, I did not get to eat with or talk to the person I wanted to. I was really looking forward to the possibility of conversation with her too.

After lunch, the desk calmed down a little bit. The best part was Kyla brought me pie. It was strawberry rhubarb, and it was amazing. I love pie.

Since Friday was the second Friday the 13th this year, Debo had a mini movie marathon. More people were supposed to come, but it was mostly just he and me. We watched the first movie and Part 3. Kyle showed up at the end of the first but left about five minutes into part 3. Mark showed up for most of the second movie. I would have liked to have watched part 6, but it was getting late. It is one of the downsides of relying on the bus.

On the way to the bus, I stopped to buy more of this candy I discovered the night before. Unfortunately, they were out. I tried some other similar type candies, but they were not as good. For those curious, it was Hi Chew fruit chews that I liked so much. What I did not like as much was Jolly Rancher Fruit Chews and Mamba fruit chews. The Hi Chew ones seem much better, but I am not really quite sure. Of course I realized by keeping candy in my pockets, especially soft candy, I look and seem even more like an old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment